on this page : about – submissions – contact
Bent Street is a journal of Australian LGBTIQA+ writing. We publish a print and ebook ‘annual’ in December. The journal aims to gather writing across various genres, written or presented in the year of publication, as well as artwork, to form an ongoing picture of LGBTIQA+ life in Australia – ‘the year in queer’.
Bent Street welcomes writing from the LGBTIQA+ community in the genres of short fiction, extracts from work-in-progress, essays, artwork, sketches, cartoons, memoir, play or performance scripts, poetry, spoken word, blog, letters, shopping lists, interviews, and anything else that is written word, created in the year of the journal’s publication.
The inaugural Bent Street 1 – ‘2017’ was published in December 2017 by Clouds of Magellan Press.
Bent Street is a print publication – it is also available as an ebook. Visit the Bent Street 1 page for contributor details and links.
Bent Street is open for submissions ALL YEAR. We will publish material ongoing on this website in the Bent Street Cafe.
Submissions received at any time.
- This publication is unfunded and produced in a volunteer capacity. Any revenue from sales will be used to develop the publication and fund writer/artist development.
- Word length flexible, but shorter is preferable.
- Writing can be previously published.
- Limit of three submitted pieces per author.
- Line cartoons, black and white and colour graphics are welcome – colour versions will appear in the ebook, but in black and white for the print version.
- Cut-off for submissions: 1 November 2018.
- Send a short bio note with submissions.
- Happy to receive material from overseas contributors.
Contact and all enquiries and submissions: email@example.com